Server has been updated to WU 188.8.131.52.
Official patch notes: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/169510-patch-notes-1915/
Modded patch notes below (and there’s a lot of them!)
New character creation system
Now when creating a new character on Otherlands you will be presented with a server selection in the same screen as picking your gender. A handy option to skip the new tutorial is included.
- All horse / hell horse colors (besides grey / ash) will now provide the same speed bonus as ebony/molten
- Unicorn foals are now colored like mature unicorns
- Unicorn foals can be lead without taming/charming by players with 50+ AH/AT
- Evergreen Twig is now craftable (arcane shard + any sprout)
- Fixed an issue that prevented redeeming tokens of branded animals while not being in a village
Spell changes (after vanilla priest rework)
- Modded rite of spring is removed, new vanilla mechanics used for all rites (you need to pray after cast to get sb and bonus)
- Drain Life and Smite will continue working as they did before, 1.9 changes don’t apply to the modded version
- Life Transfer and Essence Drain are both available to WL and BL. Cost is set to 80 on both.
- Web Armour and Aura of Shared Pain are both available to WL and BL.
- New vanilla cleanse is removed as it’s already covered by our Enchant Nature. Our old cleanse (that removes all myc on deed) will continue working as is.
- Corrupt (the spell formerly known as Fungus) had PVP requirement removed (can be cast on Otherland server)
- Rite of Death had PVP requirement for full effect removed (will spread myc on Otherland server)
Modified archaeology cache system
- This replaces the vanilla cache system
- As you investigate tiles on a deed for which you have a full report you will be making progress towards discovering a cache
- After each action that adds to your progress you will receive one of the following messages (depending on progress)
- You feel like you’re on the right path to finding a cache!
- You feel like you’re making progress to finding a cache!
- You feel like you’re getting close to finding a cache!
- After enough investigations have been performed you will receive a hidden cache containing high-value fragments and a mini-token of the village
- The cache will be placed in front of you and you will get an on screen message. Don’t forget to loot it!
- You can acquire multiple caches for the same village and unlike vanilla this does not consume the report
- Added a new journal tier “The Other Lands” – Rewards “Otherlander” title and a fantastic essence of magic
- Will be unlocked after you complete “Paved With Stone” tier.
- Paved With Stone (Basic level 3)
- Removed – Study a tree or bush
- Added – Build from a vehicle
- On the Highway (Intermediate level 1)
- Removed – Complete an almanac
- Removed – Kill a creature with a catapult
- Added – Search a lair
- Picking up Speed (Intermediate level 2)
- Added – Ride a unicorn
- The Winding Road (Intermediate level 3)
- Removed – Win 10 spars
- Removed – Ride a unicorn (moved to previous level)
- Added – Ride a dark worg
- Added – Use a brown potion
- Dedication (Priest level 1)
- Removed – Listen to a sermon
- Removed – Link with another priest
- Added – Create enchanted grass or mycelium
- Approbation (Priest level 2)
- Removed – Hold 10 sermons
- Reward changed, instead of max faith gains per day you will get 20% less penalty to casting from armor. This stacks with shoulderpads and can reduce the penalty to 0.
- Benediction (Priest level 3)
- Removed – Hold 100 sermons
- Players will receive an on screen notification when a fish bites (when rod fishing) or spawns (spear fishing)
- Caught fish can be automatically stored
- When fishing from the ground this will try to store the fish in any keep net that the player has open
- When fishing from a boat it will try to store in attached keep net, or crates/FSBs for larger ships or ship hold
- When fishing with a net and none of the above apply the fish will be moved from the net to player inventory
- Skill gain from fishing increased and will now also come as passive ticks during fishing actions
- Spear fishing no longer misses if you click too far from the fish
- Instead – if you click close you will get a bonus to your skill check
- Nimbleness cast on spears makes fish with them easier
- Wind of Ages and Blessing of the Dark casts on rods/spears/nets and their QL make fishing with them faster
- Fishing timers have been tweaked to be significantly faster (all modes)
- Lore action will display a detailed report on all that you can currently catch after 40 skill
- After 60 skill you will be able to look up detailed report on each fish, see what it likes and how it affects your chances
- Lore action has also been sped up significantly